"Honoring the greatness of Jesus Christ by growing spiritually, living authentically, and participating in his purposes." -classic city church's mission statement

Sunday, January 17, 2010

day 7 devotional- endurance

day 7 in my prayer guide is the last day for personal renewal. tomorrow we start on renewal in the body of christ!!!

here's the end of week one and personal renewal:

Endurance

"

scripture: Hebrews 12:1 (NLT) therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, down especially the sin that so easily trips us up. and let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

personal reflection:
it's easy to run a race when you're energized, well trained and have just the right clothing and shoes. what about when you're tired, don't feel like you've trained enough, and have to run in heavy clothing and boots? The difference is you'd probably finish the first race, but you give up- exhausted- on the second. In this verse, Paul is warning us that the trials and testing of life will slow us down if we don't spend time energizing ourselves through faith. Additionally, if we carry sin around it will easily trip us up and weight us down. Ask the Holy Spirit to help guide you in renewing your strength through the Word and in prayer. Also ask him to reveal any sin in your life so that those weightscan be removed.

Going forward, I'm commmitted to ______

Praying through scripture:

Isaiah 48:28-31 (MSG)
Jesus, I know that you don't come and go- you last. You are the creator of all that I can see or imagine. You don't get tired, don't pause to catch your breath and you know everything, inside and out. Thank you that you energize me when I get tired and give me fresh strength when I feel like dropping out. It doesn't matter my age we are all prone to getting tired, stumbling and falling. But, I know if I wait on you, you will give me a fresh strength. I will spread my wings and soar like an eagle. I will run and not get tired and I will walk and not lag behind. Amen.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment