"Honoring the greatness of Jesus Christ by growing spiritually, living authentically, and participating in his purposes." -classic city church's mission statement

Saturday, January 30, 2010

day 20- tomorrow


day 20- one more day, and I have no intense ephiphanies, just a wandering mind trying to figure out what ending my fast will look like.

tomorrow is the last day of my fast. I'd really like it if everyone could pray for it. Tomorrow everyone in my church participating is fasting completely from food, and we are praying outside of normal church. Both church and prayer should be really powerful and I'm completely looking forward to it, even though not eating all day might be tough.

So tomorrow will be my no food day and my very last day, so a lot of what's going through my head right now is how to prepare for the end of my fast.

Just like beginnings are hard, ending things are hard too. Even though I won't be blogging after tomorrow, I really want to continue to spend time with God each day. I have a blank journal, and I cleared my home desk off today to get in the habit of writing more privately. So I will continue to learn, and to write.

But my fast wasn't just about me and my relationship with God, it was about being part of a body- my church, and helping both to direct and be directed. So pray for me, and for my church as a whole, as we continue to guide and be guided by the community of believers we are joined with every Sunday.

day 20- pineapple, grapefruit juice, stir fry veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment