"Honoring the greatness of Jesus Christ by growing spiritually, living authentically, and participating in his purposes." -classic city church's mission statement

Friday, January 15, 2010

day 5 devotional- faithfulness

Here's what my book gives us to focus on today

"

Scripture: Rev. 3:10-11 Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to the world. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.

Personal reflection: the type of faith that God measures each of us by is simple: do we believe Him and keep His word? This is a faithfulness that says, "I'm willing to lose it lose all for your sake," and "I believe your Word and promises above what my current circumstances look like." As simple as that sounds, our faithful confidence in God will be tested; as our trials increase and the battle grows more intense, our flesh can become weary. When we're weary, we allow fear, anger and doubt to creep in causing us to lose our childlike faith in God and instead, turn to questioning and caution when it comes to his promises. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you areas that you have let go of your faithfulness to God and relied on your own strength and understanding. Repent in these areas and return to a childlike faith in God, yout Faithful Father.

Going forward i'm committed to _____

additional scripture support:
matthew 25:1-13, Joshua 24:14, 2 kings 20:3, psalm 26:3, psalm 85:10, psalm 119:30, luke 16:10, galatians 5:22, 1 tim. 1:12

praying through scripture:
2 timothy 4:3-7 (MSG)
jesus, i know that there are going to be times when people, maybe even myself, have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food- catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. help me not to turn my back on truth to chase mirages. but instead to keep my eye on what i'm doing, accepting the hard times along with the good; keeping your Word slive; doing a good job as your servant. i hand my life over to you, die to myself so that my life can be a sacrifice to you. this is the only race worth running- thank you for the strength to run hard right to the finish, believing your truth all the way. Amen.

"


I think it's really cool how this passage from revelation links faithfulness with perseverence. we can't just be faithful one day, and come back to it later. we keep on with it. :-) fasting and blogging is definitely helping me with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment