"Honoring the greatness of Jesus Christ by growing spiritually, living authentically, and participating in his purposes." -classic city church's mission statement

Thursday, January 28, 2010

day 18- real food and Real Food



My pastor's wife, Lisa, is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. She sent me a sweet email this morning saying that she felt the need to pray for me the night before and check out on how I was doing. But she also sent me a youtube video on missions work, as it might be good "blog food." As someone who has been fasting for 18 days now, I can't believe I have never called my blog my food. It was really an ephiphany for me. And so, usually I post a picture of something I've eaten during the day- and so today the picture isn't physical food, but food for my soul.

So one of the things my church is praying for while we are fasting is having the means and people to send plant a missions group in Liberia which we will constantly be able to pivot people in and out of. We want to build a school and a church there.

Anyhow, this video is all about reaching people via missions- and it has some really intense statistics we don't like to think about...or that most of us are oblivious to.

I'll list some of them below:

God.

1/3 of the world's population is considered unreached by the gospel. 2 billion people who have never been introduced to God.

In North Korea, Laos, and Iran, people face prision and death for believing.

Hunger.

HALF of the world's population lives on less than $2 a day.

30,000 people starve to death every day.

Children.

There are appoximately 13 million orphans worldwide.


In the past HOUR.

1,625 children were forced to live on the streets.

1,667 children died of malnutrition or disease.

115 children become prostitutes.

257 children were orphaned because of HIV/AIDS.


Luke 10:2 says that "The Harvest is plenty, but the workers are few."

There is plenty of God- he's neverending- it's just about getting him places.

So, if you can, please add my church and Liberia to your prayer lists. I want us to do good things.

day 18- apple, vegetable soup, stir fried vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment