"Honoring the greatness of Jesus Christ by growing spiritually, living authentically, and participating in his purposes." -classic city church's mission statement

Saturday, January 16, 2010

day 6- rain, running, and rewards


day 6! Today is rainy and I took the time to do my (much needed) laundry and run inside in my apt. gym.

While I was doing so, I got a text from my mom (yes, my mom can text. she also can beat me at bejeweled on facebook half of the time):

"OMG...I gave 20 dol yesterday to the earthquake victims and I sold 200 dol today!"

Backstory: My mom is an alpaca farmer. She shears alpacas and hand spins the yarn and then knits with it. An art museum in suffolk was opening a new place, and invited a bunch of sophisticated crafters to have booths today in celebration.

Anyhow, she made $200 on her stuff today.

Hey, look at that. the $20 she gave two days ago was 10 percent of that. it looks a little bit like tithing in reverse order.

Funny how things work sometimes.

God is pretty cool.

The thing that really got me was a later text from her

"The reason I did it was because I questioned myself and asked what I wasn't doing right."

And that, is really encouraging. Things like this really show me that this blog is helping to glorify God, and to really strengthen his relationships with his children.

So thanks, mom. Thanks for sharing, believing, being a great role model to me, and for brightening my rainy day. <3

Day 6- dried pinapple, leftover vegetable soup, and steamed carrots and broccoli soon for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment